Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Colorado State Capitol Building


Sure, it can be kind of boring for a two and four year old, but still something that I found necessary to expose the little guys to before the 'the big show.' I purchased a book for them about being president called So You Want to Be President, by Judith St. George to get them revved up. It's a really cute book, but the overall concept of 'President' was a little out there for them still. Nonetheless, I wanted to give them a little bit of the political flavor that shapes our society. The Colorado Capitol building is always open to visitors during business hours. You can sign up for a tour, or just check it out for yourself. There is a cafe area where you are welcome to bring in your own food to eat, something that is highly prized in my crew. Best of all, the experience is free! You just have to find parking. If that doesn't sound like any fun, maybe a virtual tour might do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment